Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM
aahwhatever2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Car-boy,

I will give you a "direct" answer when i FIND my link cable. I think I set it in the garage and without the cable you can't even see your settings on the computer. I can't remember if there were "end-point" adjustments, like speed limiter. If memory serves me right, you can adjust the throttle curve, which adjusts the amount of throttle "punch" you get, but I don't think you can stop Full throttle.

I WILL find it today and let ya know. Maybe I can do some screen captures and post pictures so you can follow along in the software.

Dude, I HATE that you didn't get the upper plate. It SUCKS waiting on parts. I am still waiting on my LOWER. It says online that it would be here between the 25-27th, so it better be here TODAY!!!! I am going to wait until I save a little more and I will order the shock towers, upper plate and a screw kit. I am doing research now to figure out what screw kit I am going to order. I know I don't want Alum. screws, but there are others out there that "look" good, just can't find actual people that have reviews on them.

Let me look around and see if i can find my CC USB. Promise to post TODAY with for-sure answer for ya.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Car-Tune

aahwhatever2,

I called the tower and they didnt ask me any questions after I told them what I was missing, they said its on the way now.
If you cant find the cable you can use one off of a camera or an mp3 player, some might fit.
I already installed the parts that I have, and it looks rear nice cus its still brand new, dust, rock and dirt free.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
STRINGFLY

My Sprint 2 with a new Pagani Zonda F body set up for mild drifting with ABS wheels and a D box. All the carbon fiber decals were a pain but came out pretty nice. You can get a real Zonda starting at 740,000 up to 1.2 million.
Stringfly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10711.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1146967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98515.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1146968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76997.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1146969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32202.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1146970  
Old 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM
CAClark

Not a fan of Zonda's, but that looks SMART!

Cheers!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Willystylz

ORIGINAL: STRINGFLY

My Sprint 2 with a new Pagani Zonda F body set up for mild drifting with ABS wheels and a D box. All the carbon fiber decals were a pain but came out pretty nice. You can get a real Zonda starting at 740,000 up to 1.2 million.
Stringfly
Top Gear would be impressed!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Wheel_E

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I just purchased a Sprint 2 Flux.
I was wondering if anyone has tried running a 7-cell NiMH and how did you get it to fit?

When I ordered the car I also ordered a 5000mah 7-cell side-by-side pack from cheapbatterypacks.com because the website says the ESC can handle it.
When I try to get the pack in, it will not fit.

I think it's silly bragging about how the ESC can handle 7-cells if the chasis physically can't.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 AM
hpidriver94

you might find this gooofy but i had bought a 7 cell and i made a strap out of electrical tape. look in the picture took it with a acell phone so quality isnt great.

Name:	Jh17332.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1149205  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Willystylz

whatever works lol! Wheel E make sure you move the stock side battery pack holder out (there's 2 screw positions) and on the other side electrical tape would work.............but I would probably use a couple plastic ties through the 2 screw holes to hold your battery in place.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
aahwhatever2

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya. Had a small family emergency, but all is ok.

I did find my CC USB. It's not that i lost the USB cord, i lost the cable that links from the standard plug from the ESC TO the USB. I have it sitting here with me now. My wife took my cell phone with her today as she dropped hers in the Toilet. HAHA, I didn't even ask her, how she done that, but never the less....

Once she gets home from class tonight, I will get some pics taken and I will put them up through Picassa and just use a link for ya all.

ALSO, I am sending the carbon fiber chassis back!!!!! There are no screw holes for the servo or turnbuckles. I guess you have to have both the fiber Upper and Lower for everything to attach to the car. It's just not worth it to me. I am going to keep the chassis plastic and will look at buying an Xray, Cyclone, or something along those lines that is already built WITH the CF chassis.

I got my wheels on today and talk about a difference in drifting!!! MAN, the stock rubber wheels were just TOO sticky!!!!! I was able to drift with the stock wheels but it was HELL to keep a good "line", even with a Gyro. Now that I got my drift wheels on there, it is night and day different!!!!! I can use my NiMh battery and drift until the pack is toast!!!! LOL I was fighting those stock wheels, which I knew they were a problem, but I wanted to try and stay "realistic". With the ABS wheels, it's hard NOT spinning out....lolol I have been having a ton of fun with this little car.

I am going to start teaching my daughter how to drift and eventually will give her the Flux, once I can find a good CF chassis car for myself.

Again, I am sorry that I didn't get any pics up, but I will try and see if I can do some screen captures today or tomorrow and will post them so you guys can see the different things that you can adjust with the CC USB Link.

PS: On a side note, I am looking at getting an ERevo with the Mamba Max already installed. It will be nice to stay with Mamba, so I can keep using the CC USB link for "all" my cars...
Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Wheel_E

Willystylz/hpidriver94,

Thanks for the comments. I did reposition the stock battery holders to the outermost position but I think that just adjusts space for stick packs to a 6-cell side-by-side.

It looks like I'll have to custom make some brackets out of angled aluminium or something.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Willystylz

Wheel E please share some pics once you get your battery holder rigged and let us know how she runs......the extra power provided by the 8.4v should be worthwhile! [8D]
Old 03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Wheel_E

ORIGINAL: hpidriver94

you might find this gooofy but i had bought a 7 cell and i made a strap out of electrical tape. look in the picture took it with a acell phone so quality isnt great.
hpidriver94,

Did you modify the top deck to give the belt more clearance?
I'm thinking about doing some cutting because it seems like my is touching the top deck.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
hpidriver94

no, my belt is touching my upper deck. so are you saying like this? because both of my belts just rub the deck

Name:	Wu60407.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1151708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40329.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1151709  
Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Willystylz

yeah my main belt is just barely touching the deck.........i've been running the sprint 2 for a few yrs now and haven't experienced any belt wear as a result. The only problem i did have was with the rear belt wearing cause of the rocks getting stuck in the rear end and wearing out the belt.........but now my dremel mod should fix that
Old 03-06-2009, 11:43 PM
hpidriver94

Do you guys still run the geared diffs or did you upgrade to the ball diffs.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Willystylz

i've been running with the stock diffs......i've never gotten into any racing yet
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Car-Tune

I have carbon fiber shock towers... do you think I can cut out on carbon fiber?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
CAClark

I couldn't resist these

Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
bigdog5332

i was wondering if this would be a good handeling car for my first touring car i have 2 brushless revos and a brushless rustler and 2 brushless slashes and it is time for a car.
also could i put drift tires on this and have it as a drifter also
thanks
bigdog
Old 03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Willystylz

my latest addition to my Sprint 2 Yeah Racing threaded aluminum shocks front & rear...

Name:	Ig13799.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1154787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82104.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1154788  
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Uncle Vinnie

The GTR looks awesome!!!!
I love the plain look, just like a realistic car.
Don't get me wrong, the work and graphics on some cars are just unbelievable. How it's done it's beyond me, and I can really appreciate what they do.
However, I'm still a fan of realistic looking street cars
Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Check out my new HPI Sprint 2 drift, please let me know what you think.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8568754/tm.htm
Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Thunderbird_Drifter

hi im somewhat new to the rc world bought my first real rc about 6 months ago started with and e10 started stock but its got just about all u can throw at it and its set up for drifting
soon after that i couldn't resist a firestorm flux, i was so impressed with the brushless system in this firestorm that i decided to build a road racer around the brushless,
that led me to downloading the manual for the SPRINT, this thing is impressive i have build it from the ground up all ordered part by part, all option frame and racing shocks,
the project was put on hold due to some other needs. it was further delayed by the purchass of axials scx10 trail truck.
ANYHOW im back to my sprint project and i have wheels and tires on the way next is a battery i am going to build one i just need to know if you need to use sub-c cells or if you can use regular c cells
i am going to use the saddle pack config i just need to know which cells work best any ideas????
THANKS
Johnny.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Willystylz

the battery holder on the sprint 2 will fit sub C cells.........reg C cells would be too much height for the chassis to hold. What batteries do u use for your Firestorm, E10, and SCX10??
Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Thunderbird_Drifter

thanks
on my firestorm flux i use a druatrax 6cell 4600 mah deans connector, my brother just has a regular firestorm and the chassis is the same he uses 8.4 7cell sub-c flat packs they fit just fine as for the scx10 right now its has a 7.2 stick but it just uses velcro straps so you can fit just about what ever you like on it.
as far as battery life
my firestorm at full blast about 30 to 35 min depending on the terrain a
regular firestorm on 8.4 4800mah around 40 min
and the scx10 over 50 min agian depends on the terrain mud really takes a toll on the battery life
thanks again for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.